This report was created in order to explain the reasons behind the media’s neglect in shedding light on water issues. The study aims to answer the following questions:
• How do the media address the water shortage issue and its challenges in Jordan?
• To what extent does the media give priority to water issues in their coverage?
• Does the media provide sufficient information on water issues to the public?
• Does it play a role in raising awareness, and providing solutions?
• Are there media policies within the press institutions that deal with water issues, challenges, and problems?
• Do media professionals have sufficient knowledge of water issues? What are their capabilities in reporting these issues in their media work?
• Does the media provide in-depth content about water issues?
• What are the sources of information that media professionals use in their coverage of water issues? What is the role of the private sector in enriching media content?
• Does social media play a role in raising community awareness of the importance of water issues and its challenges?